KREATIVE KAR

My sanity corner - need I say more!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Helping Hudson Card 7,8,9

this is the LAST WEEK of HELPING HUDSON, check out the website and get yourself some fantastic tutorials and join in the fun for the last week.

This week has been hetic, Aunty Sally arrived on Friday night, netball try-outs on Saturday, Mr 2's party on Sunday, out camping on Monday and back Tuesday and Aunty Sal flew out this morning...now time to breathe. Luckily my darling husband does shift work and is currently on his days off so he is cleaning the house and car while Mr 2 is at daycare today which means...CRAFTROOM TIME YEAH!!!!

Helping Hudson Challenges for this week are:
Challenges 7. Sketch & 9. Colour - Using one colour all shades and one neutral
Stamp set: Forest Friends, Window Dressings (Hostess 09-10)

Card Stock: So Saffron, Very Vanilla, More Mustard, DSP Tea Party

Accessories: Big Shot Polka dots (glued down in reverse), Ribbon (Very Vanilla Taffeta, Very Vanilla 6.35mm grosgrain), Silver Brads, So Saffron Stamp pad, Sticky Strip, SNAIL


Challenge 8: Sponging and Embossing (I have also used the colour challenge as I think the one colour makes the card look so elegant)

Stamp set: Butterfly Prints & Perfect Punches (Sneak Peak 2010-11 Catalogue, omitted word 'thanks' and put 'for you' as it is for a birthday card)

Card Stock: Rich Razzleblerry, Whisper White

Accessories: Big Shot Vintage Wallpaper Embossing folder (sneak peak), Rich Razzleberry Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon, Rich Razzleberry Stamp Pad, Eyelet border punch, Butterfly Punch, Sticky Strip, SNAIL, Half Pearls, Dimensionals, sponges.

I have never used my pretties kit have had it for over a year so thought I better get it out LOL ... I made this card with a little 1yr old in mind as all her birthday invites were with Butterflies, hope she (and her mum) like it!

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking part in our challenges Katie. I love your cards. The sponging really highlights that embossing folder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, so pretty!!! I love the embossing folder, mine is still in the packet *blush*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that little Forest Friends set! I resisted buying it from the mini but might have to give in now that it's in the new catty. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful, beautiful cards Katie. Great work.

    ReplyDelete