KREATIVE KAR

My sanity corner - need I say more!

Friday, August 6, 2010

Just Add Ink #29

Just Add Ink Challenge #29

Colour challenge:
I wasn't going to do the Just Add Ink challenge today, as I WAS going to have a sleep while my Mr 2 had his - but as it happened I couldn't sleep because I was too busy thinking about what I would make LOL.

A dear family friend and my parents next door neighbour passed away earlier this week (aged 88) so I thought it appropriate to make a sympathy card for his family.

Stamp set: Echoes of Kindness (Hostess 09-10)

Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Always Artichoke, Rose Red, Watercolour paper, Sahara Sand

Accessories: Big Shot Manhattan Flower, Stampin' Writes (Rose Red, Always Artichoke), Black Staz-on ink, 2.5 double stitched Rose Red Grosgrain Ribbon, Snail, Stampin' Dimensionals, Aqua Painter, distressing tool.

6 comments:

  1. Love your card katie, it has turned out really well, sorry for your loss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh - I'm loving it. Especially the embossed background. Don't know why I did not think of doing this embossing folder on dark card? But I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful. I love how you've used the different colours in the quote!

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is lovely, and the embossed background looks great too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card Katie and the embossed manhattan flower is very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Katie. I like your quote - the different colours you used.

    ReplyDelete