KREATIVE KAR

My sanity corner - need I say more!

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Christmas Happy Mail

Oh I have been very lucky (actually I should say the family has been very lucky) to receive so many lovely Christmas cards wishing us the very best for Christmas and the New Year. Thank-you all for your wonderful thoughts
I would love to share with you some of the gorgeous homemade cards that we have received
-----------------------------------------------------------
This first card has been made by my 'new' craft friend, we met in a chat room during the fundraiser "We Stamp For Lara". It was a great fundraiser and I 'met' so many other lovely ladies that maybe one day we will be able to meet in real life but for now just have to catch up via all our blogs to find out what each other have been up to.
Take a bow: Lynda Shrimpton, and why not visit her blog, and you can also get all the card details: http://123easypc.blogspot.com/
I love the simplicity of the card and the little bling on Rudolph's nose just makes it looks so classy.
-----------------------------------------------------------

This next card is by my wonderful older sister (and a fellow Stampin' Up! Demo).
We had a little competition on who could make a Black/White/Red Christmas card.... She won, hands down, I really didn't like the card I made (if you really want to see it scroll down to all my Christmas cards). I didn't even send her that one, actually I can't remember the one I sent to her.
Take a bow: Kylie Clarke ... unfortunately no Blog yet but hopefully we will get one up and happening as soon as I am living back near her which is VERY soon!!!
I love all of this card but the best bit is she has used a gold shimmer pen and outlined the tree and words with it, so nice a shimmery.


-----------------------------------------------------------


The third card is by a lovely friend and also a Stampin' Up! Demo. We met awhile back, actually at Our Wedding, funny story, Steve and I got married and as we lived so far away from all our friends and family neither of us really knew each others friends.

Take a bow: Zara Borrell ... Zara has a blog but is yet to use it so I won't put it on here but the day she does a post I will pop up the link.

Oh I do love Crumb Cake and Old Olive plus what a great idea using dazzling diamonds on the stars in the tree. Gorgeous.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Lastly here is a card by my Sister-in-Law - well you can all guess how we met!!!

Take a bow: Julie Ridden ... Julie is very crafty and does all sorts of craft. The one (and only one) that I can compete with is card making. Sewing, Knitting, Cross Stitched I put in the too hard basket LOL.

What a great non traditional card using the blue. I also love both the dry embossing panel down the side (can't quite see it in the photo RH side) and the heat embossing of the tree and the words. Great card!!!


-----------------------------------------------------------

Oh just because I made this a little thank-you I thought I would tack it onto the end of this post. Just a wine bottle with a homemade tag.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely cards!! Sorry again I didn't send any this year :( Next year I promise!!
    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am blushing...but thanks Katie. I too loved the way this card turned out....ashamedly first use of Kraft too!!! not the last tho...LOL!!! I love your other cards...the gals are amazing with their creativity. Thanks so much again. ooxx

    ReplyDelete