KREATIVE KAR

My sanity corner - need I say more!

Friday, June 17, 2011

2 Very Different Cards - Same Reason

Unfortunately both my Nan (mum's side) & Pop (Dad's side) have been unwell so I wanted to send them a little cheery card, but didn't want to it say Get Well, I wanted to make something that will make them smile and feel good!


My Nan LOVES 'pretty', so I decided to use a gorgeous flower stamp with (of course) glitter just so it makes it extra PRETTY for her :-). And the sentiment says it all really:

(the birds wings and middle of the flowers have dazzling diamonds on them)


Stamp Set: Elements of Style, Sweet Little Senitments (Retired SAB 2009)


Card Stock: Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Bashful Blue, Whisper White


Inks: Stamp Pads (Early Espresso, Pretty in Pink, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue)


Bigshot: Manhattan Flower Embossing Folder


Accessories: Dazzling Diamonds, Decorative Label & Modern Label Punches, Snail, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals

__________________________________________


With Pop's card I really just wanted to make him laugh, he has Parkinson's but is just so witty and funny, nothing gets past him!


I have made him a 'young' card and just hope the sentiment on the inside gives him a nice BIG smile:
Stamp Set: Grunge Rock, Seaworthy

Card Stock: Choc Chip, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, Newsprint DSP

Inks: Stamp Pads (Choc Chip, Crumb Cake)

Accessories: Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Cutter Kit (using distressing tool), Snail, Sticky Strip, Dimensionals
_____________________________________________


Not really a 'Get Well' Cards but I hope they both put smiles on their faces.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously Katie, how can both of these beautiful cards NOT bring a smile to their faces??? EOS has to be one of my all time faves at the mo and I love the fact that the birdy has bling. The rockin’ youthful hip stylings of the other card would make any man feel young at heart. I hope you have a wonderful visit with them. MWAH ooxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, Katie ... I'm sure these were a hit with your nan & pop ... and that they were smiling for hours! My dad had Parkinsons ... so I know where you are! It is sad ... though ... that he eventually lost the ability to smile. But ... you could still see it in his eyes! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete