KREATIVE KAR

My sanity corner - need I say more!

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Oh no the Brayer is out of hiding

I have pulled the brayer out of hiding just for Lynda (as apprently hers has been hiding in its box for a long long long time *smile for you Lynda*)

My brayer I must admit has only seen ink twice in the past 1.5yrs. I find the brayer very daunting because I DO NOT have an artisic bone in my body. It does require a little bit of skill and knowledge but all I did was jump onto U-Tube and watched a few tutorials on it and then grabbed some scrap paper and had a go.


The below card is a very belated card for the real estate agent that sold us our business. She was just wonderful and I wanted to give her a little something to say thank-you. She isn't the flowery type so I decided to go with a sunset and some silhouettes, what do you think....




Stamp Set: Pockets Silhouettes


Card Stock: Basic Black, Whisper White,Cherry Clobber, Cajun Craze, More Mustard


Ink: Stamp Pads (Staz-on black, Cajun Craze, Cherry Clobber, More Mustard)


Punches: Scallop Trim Border, Oval Large (3.5x1.6cm), Modern Label


Accessories: Brayer, Sponge, Striped Grosgrain Ribbon (Basic Black), Button (More Mustard), Snail, Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, Kitchen String

2 comments:

  1. Lordy girl....gimme the links to those you tube VDO's...they worked a treat!!!! This is nothing short of spectacular!!! I love it. Yes...I have had mine for iver 12 mths and it has not seen the light of day (blush) but man-o=man...what you have done with it!!!! Katie this is stunning. ooxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! There is something seriously wrong ... that you have not brayered much before. You cannot keep a talent like this hidden away. And ... I happen to think that Lynda would be exactly the same if she would only GET THAT BRAYER OUT & USE IT!!! (Did you hear me, girlfriend???) Katie ... I can't wait to see what else you come up with ... now you have dusted off your brayer. I think you might need to set Lynda a challenge! Hugs xxaxx

    ReplyDelete