KREATIVE KAR

My sanity corner - need I say more!

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Craft Camp Projects, Christmas Box

I took some of my box templates to craft camp with me and Nicole was very excited by my Christmas tree box ...

yes yes if you have been visiting my blog from day dot you would have seen this before but I love the box so here it is again.

I actually got the idea from Better Homes and Gardens magazine about 10yrs ago, they had a little box about 5cm high with a tree on top, so being creative and wanting a box big enough to put all the Christmas 'cheer' in I measured, modified, measured again, modified again, cut it out, Christmas tree didn't close, so back to drawing board, I think it was about 5 templates later I came up with this box. It uses 12x12 sheet with not much left over. It holds LOTS of homemade treats (shortbread, chocolates, rum balls, list goes on...)

Hope it inspires you to have ago at making a box with an idea in mind.




DSP: Woodland Park (green box), Jolly Holiday (decorative strip)


Ribbon: 3.2mm Real Red Taffeta


Accessories: Rhinestones, Sticky strip

1 comment:

  1. Wow Katie, I love this idea....and who doesn't like inspiration fm Better Homes and Gardens huh?? the Chrissy Tree top ROCKS!! Even bling...this box has it all. So v v well done darl. ooxx

    ReplyDelete